Bent not Broken- Finding inspiration from others with Scoliosis

I was on pinterest today(what else is new) and just for giggles I looked up 'Scoliosis' and what I found amazed me.See I was just looking for exercises that you can do with scoliosis, but what I didnt expect was to get soo much encouragement from others living with this.

As for having scoliosis I am fairly lucky. I didnt have to have surgery when I was younger, I had that horrible brace. But looking back I wish I had worn it more. But I always felt ugly in that thing, so I only wore it when I had to. Since I have started working and standing on that concrete floor my back has been bothering me much more lately.

But seeing the scars from others has inspired me to embrace the brace and just feel better about having scoliosis..

Here are some of the pictures that inspired me:

I love this!!! Because its the truth scoliosis doesn't break you its just another bend in the road...




I would never get a tattoo, but this is very inspiring!


This scar is from a girl who had to have her rib removed because of her scoliosis.


This one made me think about all the teasing and cruel taunts I have received because of my weight(More on that battle later).


Oh if I had a dollar for every time I heard these!!



It has taught me not to take my health for granted.




It seems that if you have a weakness that people cant see, they think you are being a wimp and lazy.




There are soo much more... but it is time to get ready for work!!

If you ever talk to someone who tells you that they have scoliosis dont freak out or look disgusted. Ask them about their story and ask advice about dealing with people being cruel, because I guarantee that they have encountered it.

Is there anything in your life that others see as a disability? Is there a way to turn that negative into a positive and help others?

As Always,
Abigail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sleep deprived..

Fall decorations for my room