A new perspective on trials in life

Recently I have gotten some heartbreaking news about.. a friend.. her name is Ashleigh-Anne. She has many health issues right now and it is really hard to describe how it is making me feel.

I know.. if this is about her then why is impacting me like this.. I am not a super close friend, I am not family, I dont get to see her on a regular basis.. so why is this so tough?

I think the reasons are because she is someone I know, she is soo young, she has a young daughter, but if I had to say only one reason it would be this.. She is a living example of what I want my future to be like. A loving wife. A wonderful mother. A loyal friend. A joyous person. From the glimpses I have been able to see and from the things I have heard, she has been following God's will for her life. And even now in her sickness she is trying to find a way to give God the glory.

Honestly if it was me I would be having a much harder time with this. But after my daily devotion on Tuesday I think I might have a been understanding.. I am not sure if I do.. but this has made me think:  

"It is an undeniable fact that usually those who have suffered most are best able to comfort others who are passing through suffering. They know what it is to suffer, and they understand more than others what a suffering person is experiencing-- physically, emotionally, and spiritually.... Our attitude toward suffering should not be, 'Grit your teeth and bear it,' hoping it will pass as quickly as possible. Rather, our goal should be to learn all we can from what we are called upon to endure, so that we in turn can 'Comfort each other and edify one another' (1 Thessalonians 5:11)"- Hope for each day, Billy Graham

With this now in mind I have begun to wonder... "is there some way I have 'suffered' to be able to help encourage someone?" But mainly I wonder "what does God have to teach us all by seeing this happen to Ashleigh-Anne and her family? and what is God's plan for her life next?"

I pray everyday for this sweet person and I hope in some small way that my words here can bring her comfort... And that everyone reading this can think of something they can do for another person..

As Always,
Abigail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bent not Broken- Finding inspiration from others with Scoliosis

Fall decorations for my room

sleep deprived..