Life update August 2015

So it's been a long time since I posted anything on here.

Since my last post I have been at my job 2 years and I've loved my job. I'm still part time, but it gives me the opportunity to do the church activities I love and still work a fair amount of hours. Nothing is perfect but I'm so thankful for the opportunity to work. And I believe everyone should work a retail or food service job in their life. It makes you more appreciative of the people who work to help you and bring and make your food. I never really understood until I dealt with the difficult customers and the long hours on your feet. My job has helped me to blossom out of my shyness and I'm still working on it but I'm doing s lot better than I was.

My little sister got married in October 2014 and just announced that she and her husband are having a baby in February. I was the maid of honor in her wedding and nothing made me happier than standing by her side when she married Tyler. He is a good man, and even though I never would have thought that anyone would be good enough for my baby sister, he fills the shoes quite nicely. I told him that we were giving him our greatest treasure and he has been so good for her. When I see them interact with each other I don't worry for her. Because she has a helper and a best friend to live life with her.
And then they've surprised us with the fact that I'm going to be an auntie. I am over the moon! Everything is changing and this wasn't in their grand plan, but I know that they are going to be amazing parents!

I met a guy who helped me to see that in certain aspects of my life I was living in fear. I was afraid of all these things simply because I had never done them before. And even though it didn't work out between us I'm still glad for the time I spent with him. I eat sushi now and I swing on rope swings. I go on roller coasters and I'm trying to be bold.

I saw a quote a couple weeks ago, I don't know who said it but it's helping me to put things in perspective. The quote is "You have to want it more than you are afraid of it." So I'm putting me first now and doing the things I've wanted to do for three years. I'm taking one class this fall out at the community college. It's not much but it's a step in the righ direction. Since I'm still part time at my job I figured one class in fall and one class in spring won't break my bank and won't be too much for me. And then hopefully I will be set to start my program next fall. I'm so excited for my class and I am looking forward to working on projects and being in a school environment. I'm taking astronomy which is one of the prerequisites for my major. I had to have a physical science class.

But because of taking a class I got to go back to school shopping! School supplies are one of my favorite things to buy! Thinking of the potential of the next semester is thrilling! I'll do a separate post on the school supplies I purchased.

And i still have so much to do before tomorrow. So I'm going to say goodbye for now.

Until next time,
Abigail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bent not Broken- Finding inspiration from others with Scoliosis

Fall decorations for my room

sleep deprived..